Reflecting back on my Week 3 “world without” circumstances….I have to see the humor in all the things the Universe brought forth at once to challenge my serenity:
- 3 dogs and 6 adults (with all their worldly possessions) living under one roof, coming and going with different schedules at all times of the day….noise, barking, interruptions, logistics….FUN STUFF!
- My brother (George) and his girlfriend (Jan) coming to visit us from SC for a week, insistent on staying at the house amongst the chaos (even though I offered a cozy hotel room so they could have a quiet retreat at night)…More FUN STUFF!
- Our sister had a total knee replacement Wednesday (concern from afar)…Not so fun for her!
- George had tremendous back pain (bulging disc, scheduled to see a surgeon)…Not so fun for him!
- Jan acquired a sinus infection….took her to Urgent Care…Not so fun for her!
- Facing the music – the extension I filed last year for my taxes was finally here and had to be filed by Thursday….(how convenient that my brother does tax preparation part-time, because I definitely needed help when it got down to crunch time…What can I say?? Old Lori gave that problem to new Lori a long time ago
- Oh yes…don’t forget my puppy, Callie, was scheduled a long time ago to be spayed on Thursday the 15th – so we added that to the mix (keeping her “quiet and still” for the next 10 days in our house…oh yes, no problem with that)….She melts me!
- DMP’s, reads, blogs, tweets, posts….FUN STUFF!
- 4 business appointments Saturday and Sunday…More FUN STUFF!
Could crazy, YELLOW, fun-loving, adventurous Lori have manifested all that stuff coming together at once? You know – just to create a healthy dose of chaos and drama…to test my reactivity, to see if we could invite the old blueprint back for dinner? Well I don’t know what my wonderful family…or my incredible brother and his beautiful girlfriend might say to that.
But we pulled it off….
And we had fun and laughed…
And everyone’s on the mend…
And the taxes are done….
And I love my life, family, my dogs, my home, my work, my tribe, this beautiful weather, the Fall colors……gratitude spills over and out.
And I’m really loving my sits this week!!!